New Technology For Analog HD Solution
Even we enter into digital era, analog surveillance technology doesn't stop its innovation. Besides the HD-SDI and HD-CVI (in house technology of Dahua), today the Hikvision and other camera manufacturers announce HD-TVI cameras release. HD-TVI means High Definition Transport Video Interface, HD-TVI is based on traditional coaxial cable for video and data transmission, it supports not only 720P/1080P video signal, but also including audio, data signal over long distance up to 500 meters.
Among current HD solutions, the distance of transmission, compatibility and cost are always problems for both manufacturers and users. In this context, HD-TVI technology as a brand new analog HD solution emerges in market. Overall, the HD-TVI technology can provide a more economical, easier to install and use solution for high definition analog surveillance system.
The HD-TVI can convert digital signal to analog signal for expanding its transmission distance, lower total cost, reducing total video storage space. Through coaxial cable, the video transmission distance can reach up to 300~500 meters without obvious video quality loss. In additional, the HD-TVI can transmit CVBS 75Ohm analog video signal with resolution of 720P and 1080P at 30fps, which are difficult tasks to adopt other HD coaxial solutions. Merely replacing the existing analog camera and DVR with latest HD-TVI camera and DVR, users can upgrade their surveillance system to a brand new 1080P HD system, this doesn't require extra installation knowledge and cost.
- Analog HD high video quality 720P/1080P resolution
- Transmit video and audio signal, and data signal over coaxial cable
- No quality loss and delay for HD video transmission
- Impressive long distance transmission capability
- Easy to upgrade your existing analog system to HD system
HD-TVI vs Analog
In summary, the advantage of HD-TVI compared with Analogue is:
- HD resolution on 720P/1080P at 25/30fps
- Long distance transmission for HD video
- No video quality loss and delay for transmission
HD-TVI vs HD-CVI
Obviously, HD-TVI and HD-CVI have very similar features, both of them can provide analog high definition solutions. HD-TVI derives from American based company that does not supply to only one manufacturer. Therefore we are expecting many analog camera manufacturers will release wide range of HD-TVI based cameras to market. Therefore, HD-TVI is more likely to become an industry standard, not a proprietary technology/solution.
HD-TVI vs HD-SDI
In conclusion, compared with HD-SDI, new HD solution with advantages of:
- Longer video transmission distance up to 1000ft (300m) over regular coaxial cable
- 700ft (200m) distance for video transmission over UTP (Cat5, twisted cable)
- More cheaper price for analog HD system
- Support twisted cable installation
HD-TVI vs IP Camera
Hence, compared with IPC, the advantages of HD-TVI are